Serbia is a cold country situated in the south-eastern area of Europe. The country is at the heart of the pronounced Balkan Peninsula. Of all its 7 million citizens, the vast majority are Serbs, and the rest belonging to one of the various 40 national communities.
Serbia is composed of happy, emotional, and hospitable people. Most Serbians have a sensitivity for amazing sportsmanship, traditions, and a large cultural legacy which betters the entire European culture. No doubt Serbia is a very interesting country to visit. In cities like Belgrade or Novi Sad, you can count on the exciting nightlife they offer which is an irresistible feature for most of its international visitors.
From recent records, the average number of international visitors to Serbia since 2009 is at about 86,854. With 2018 recording the largest number of international visitors with about 227126 international visitors. There is no doubt that Serbia will continue to see an increase in the number of international visitors.
For Pakistanis living in Pakistan planning to do business, enter, visit or transit through Serbia are required to obtain a Serbia visa before they can be eligible to visit Serbia.
Serbian Visa Types, Processing Time And Duration
|Tourist||15 to 20 days||3 Months|
|Business||15 to 20 days||3 Months|
|Short Stay||15 to 20 days||30 to 90 days|
|Transit||15 to 20 days||Up to 6 months|
|Temporary Residence||15 to 20 days||6 months|
Suggested Visa Type for Different Individuals:
There are basically three major types of visas you can apply for when you are planning to visit Serbia. There is a business visa, a tourist visa, and a short-stay visa. Although Indians do not need to apply for the short-stay visa because of the new visa-free entry policy by the Serbian government.
- Business Visa: This visa is for anyone who wants to visit Serbia for any type of business. If you want to go to Serbia for a business you will need to acquire the business visa before you will be allowed to do business.
- Tourist Visa: If you want to go on a vacation to Serbia, your perfect choice visa is the tourist visa.
- Short stay visa: If you are planning to visit a family member or transit through Serbia, you need a short-stay visa.
- Transit Visa: You can obtain this visa when you are planning to transit through Serbia to another country. This visa gives you the eligibility to change planes from a Serbian airport to another country provided you are permitted to enter into that particular country.
- Temporary Residence Visa: If you wish to live in Serbia for a particular period of time. Therefore, the temporary residence visa is what you need to apply for as this visa type gives you the eligibility to live in Serbia temporarily. Although one important requirement is that you provide valid proof of reasons why you want to stay in the country.
General Requirements for Serbian Visa for Indians
- A valid travel document is required or a valid bilateral agreed identity card by the Government of Serbia
- Proof of sufficient funds for a minimum of €50 per day expenditure for each day of stay should be provided.
- Proof of vaccination or clearance notes that the visa applicant does not have a contagious disease when visiting from any pandemic disease-affected areas, as stated by the Ministry of Health.
- In the case of underage children, certified authorization is needed from either a single parent when the child is travelling with the other parent or both parent when the child is travelling with a third party.
- Health insurance money is recommended for the period of stay with a minimum of €20,000
How to Apply for Serbia Visa
To apply for a Serbian visa, follow these simple steps;
- Step 1: Ensure you have satisfied all the general requirements and have all the required documents ready.
- Step 2: Download the visa application form from the Republic of Serbia Ministry of Foreign Affairs website and it out accurately and completely.
- Step 3: Visit the nearest Serbian diplomatic-consular or embassy to you.
- Step 4: Pay the visa fee.
- Step 5: Go for your scheduled visa interview/appointment.
- Step 6: Wait for your visa application process to be completed.
To download the official Serbia visa application form, follow this link: www.mfa.gov.rs/en/images/stories/pdf/visaform_lat.pdf
After downloading the form, all you need to do is fill it out correctly then, submit with the other requirements to the nearest diplomatic-consular (embassy) to you. Please, you need to note that the diplomatic-consulate can request for additional documents and if the application form is not filled correctly or completely your visa application may be rejected.
- This visa is meant for anyone planning a vacation to Serbia.
- This visa is valid for 3 months and the processing time typically goes for 15 to 20 business days. This visa is just valid for a single entry.
- With this visa you are allowed to visit any location you wish in Serbia although you are not permitted to conduct any form of business with this type of visa.
- The most important criteria that help you get this visa is providing proper valid documents from the travel agency you used.
- This visa is for anyone looking to do any form of business in Serbia.
- This visa is only valid for a maximum of 3 months, to get this visa, the processing time typically takes 15 to 20 business days, and it is for a single entry.
- You are only allowed to conduct the business you have specified in your visa application form.
- To definitely get this visa you need a valid letter of invitation from a company or valid business in Serbia.
Short Stay Visa:
- Planning to visit your family member or friend in Serbia? The perfect visa to apply for is the short-stay visa.
- The validity period of this visa is 30 to 90 days.
- With this visa, you cannot conduct any form of business or take up any job during your stay in the country.
- A major criterion to get this visa is by making sure you have a valid government-issued letter of invitation from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Federal Republic of Serbia.
- If you want to pass through Serbia to another country, all you need to apply for is a transit visa.
- The validity period of this visa is 6 months but you are only allowed 5 days stay on each transit.
- With this visa, you are not permitted to enter the country which means you can only stay at the airport.
- An important requirement is that you provide valid proof that you are eligible to enter the destination country.
Temporary Residence Visa:
- If you wish to live in Serbia for a limited period, you are required to obtain the temporary residence visa.
- Unlike the short-stay visa, this visa type gives you the opportunity to stay in Serbia for more than 90 days. The validity period is agreed upon during the visa application process.
- With this visa, you are eligible to do business and visit any part of the country for the speculated validity period.
- One major requirement you need to consider for this visa type is the provision of a valid proof of reasons.
Serbia Visa Fees
Serbian Honorary Consulate in Manila, Philippines
Suite 3002, 30th Floor, Infinity Tower Suites, 106 H.V. Della Costa cor. Leviste Street, Salcedo Village, Makati City, Manila
|(+63) 2 888 6677 ||email@example.com
Reasons for Visa Denial/Rejection:
A visa application or entry in Serbia can be denied based on the following factors such as;
- Lack of valid documents.
- Insufficient fund for a period of stay. The minimum amount required is €50 per day for the duration of stay.
- If the requirements to enter into the third country is not met when in transit.
- If a certificate of vaccination or any other proof of sound health is not provided when coming from different areas affected by an outbreak of communicable diseases, determined by the information given by the Ministry of Health;
- In the case where he/she has an international criminal record.
- Finally, if the authorities have any reason to believe that the visit we will be used for a different purpose from the one originally stated.
To avoid your visa being rejected you need to ensure that:
- A properly filled the visa application form is provided.
- Only valid documents are provided.
- Do not falsify any document or part of the application form.
Serbian Visa Application Centres in Pakistan
Unfortunately, there are no Serbian Embassies or Diplomatic-Consular situated in Pakistan. However, Pakistanis who want to obtain a Serbian visa can either apply at the Embassy of the Republic of Serbia in Beijing, China or the Embassy of the Republic of Serbia in Tehran, Iran.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I need to get an apartment before I can obtain a residence permit?
No, you will be offered a temporary address which you will pay a monthly fee until you get the residence permit. Then you can rent an apartment of your choice or continue to use the apartment offered to you for a yearly fee.
What are the conditions for getting a work permit?
When you are in Serbia and you want to obtain a work permit, you are required to provide a valid letter from the company you are planning to work for. Or the company can apply for the work permit on your behalf.
Can I get a Serbian driving license?
Yes, but you are required to pass the practical driving and theory exam in Serbia.
What are the conditions for getting a residence permit?
As a foreigner in Serbia, to obtain a temporary residence permit in Serbia you are required to either become a student in Serbia, work for a company or foreign company/NGO/church/sport club engaged in Serbia, form a company in the country and subsequently get a work permit or marry a Serbian National.