Panama is a country located in Central America with impressive resources and captivating landmarks that has helped the country built a remarkable reputation among international visitors. Panama City is the capital city, which accommodates about of half of the total 4 million populations. The country is bordered to the west by Costa Rica, to the North by the Caribbean Sea, to the South-east by Colombia, and to the South by the Pacific Ocean.
When it comes to tourism, Panama has a lot to offer international visitors. In the country, you will find exciting places you can visit as a tourist. From beautiful resorts to amazing historic landmarks, you can never get bored visiting the country. From recent statistics, Panama has recorded an increase in the influx of international visitors from the 345,000 in 1995 to currently over 2 million. With the country’s continuous growth and already gained reputation, it is safe to say that the number of international visitors will continuously increase.
For Bangladeshis planning to visit, enter, do business, or transit through Panama are required to obtain a visa from the nearest embassy or democratic-consular.
Panama Visa Types, Processing Time And Duration
|Tourist||20 to 30 days||60 Days|
|Student||20 to 30 days||Valid for the period of study|
|Person of means||20 to 30 days||As stated in the letter of confirmation|
|Professional Residence/Business||20 to 30 days||Permanent Residence|
|Residence||20 to 30 days||Permanent Residence|
Suggested Visa Type for Different Individuals
If you are planning to visit Panama but do not know which visa type to apply for, check below to see which of the visa types is a perfect fit for you.
- Tourist Visa: If you are planning to visit or enter Panama for the purpose of tourism or vacation, this is the perfect visa to obtain. As you will be eligible to enter the country for a stay period up to 60 days. One major requirement for this visa is proof of at least $500 or proof of hotel reservation for a specified period of stay and return ticket.
- Student visa: If you are planning to study in one of Panama’s institutes, universities or schools, the student visa is the perfect fit. Although, you are required to provide a letter of acceptance from the school, institute or university.
- Professional Resident/Business Visa: For Indians planning to work or do business in Panama, you are required to apply for this visa type. Additionally, you will need to provide proof of invitation from a recognised Panamanian company before you can be eligible for a work permit.
- Person of Means Visa: This visa type is for anyone who wants to live in Panama permanently but does not want to work or do any business but have up to $300,000 he/she wants to invest in Panama.
- Residence Visa: If you want to live permanently in Panama, you can also apply for this visa type, however, you have to be either married to a Panamanian, working for a Panamanian company, or retired with a lifetime pension of at least $1000 before you can be eligible for this visa type.
General Requirements for Panama Visa for Bangladeshis:
- You must have a valid passport or other acceptable travel documents. Additionally, your passport must have a validity of more than 3 months after the specified period of stay.
- You must provide a passport photo of yourself with your face clearly shown.
- You must not have any criminal record.
- You must provide a valid copy of your local identity cards such as passport, driver’s license, or residency card.
- You must be able to provide a completed visa application form.
- A valid medical certificate indicating you are free from any contagious disease.
- Proof of sufficient funds for the visa fee and period of stay in the country.
How to Apply for Panama Visa:
Planning on applying for a Panama visa, follow these simple steps listed below;
- Step 1: Ensure you have satisfied all the general requirements and have all the required documents ready.
- Step 2: Download the visa application form and fill it out accurately and completely.
- Step 3: Visit the nearest Panama diplomatic-consular or embassy to you.
- Step 4: Pay the visa fee.
- Step 5: Go for your scheduled visa interview/appointment.
- Step 6: Wait for your visa application process to be completed.
To fill out Panama visa form, download the form using this link: https://www.embassyofpanama.org/s/CONSULATE-FORUMLARIO-VISA-AUTORIZADA.pdf
After you have downloaded the application form, you just need to correctly fill it out. Therefore, you submit the form with the other requirements to the closest diplomatic-consular or embassy to you. Additionally, you need to know that the consulate/embassy can ask you for extra documents and if you didn’t fill out the application form completely or correctly your visa application might be declined.
- This visa is valid for anyone planning to go on vacations to Panama.
- The visa comes with a validity period of a maximum of 60 days which can be extended upon request. You have to allow up to 30 business days for the visa to be processed and it comes in single entry and also multiple entries sub-types.
- However, you are not allowed to do any kind of job or business with this visa.
- One major criterion required for this visa type is that you need to have at least $500 cash or proof of financial sustainability for the specified period of stay.
- If you want to study in Panama, you are required to obtain a student visa before you can be eligible.
- This visa type is valid for the entire duration of your study. The application process typically takes 20 to 30 business days.
- With this visa, you are eligible to study in any recognised school, institute or university in Panama.
- One major criterion required for this visa type is that you provide a letter of acceptance from a registered and recognised school, institute or university.
Permanent Residence/Business Visa:
- If you want to work or do any business in Panama, you are required to apply for this visa type.
- This visa makes eligible to stay permanently in the country as long as you are working in a Panamanian company or have a recognised business in the country.
- With this visa, you can work or live in any part of the country.
- The most important requirement for this visa type is that you provide a contract or work letter from a recognised Panamanian company.
Person of Means Visa:
- This visa is for anyone planning to live in Panama and can invest up to $300,000 in any part of the country.
- With this visa, there is no expiry period as you are eligible to live permanently in any part of the country. You have to give up to 8 weeks for this visa to be processed, although it is usually ready within 20 business days.
- With this visa, you do not have to work or do any business to live in the country.
- The most important requirement for this visa type is that you provide proof of sufficient funds or equity worth at least $300,000.
- If you wish to work and live permanently in Panama, you need to obtain the temporary residence visa to be eligible for a permanent residency.
- With this visa, you will be able to apply for permanent residency and you will be permitted to work and live in the country.
- This visa type is only obtainable by anyone who is married to a Panamanian, is working currently in a recognised Panamanian company, wants to retire with proof of sufficient pension of at least $1000 a month, or is an owner of any kind of property worth at least $100,000 in the country.
- One major requirement you need to qualify for this visa is to provide either valid copy of your marriage certificate, a valid letter from a Panamanian company, proof of retirement with enough pension to handle the cost of living in the country, or proof of deeds and other documents concerning properties owned.
Panama Visa fees
|Visa Type||Total fees for a single entry (€)||Total fees for multiple entries (€)|
|Person of Means||200||250|
It is recommended that you make inquiries on the visa fees as these prices are subject to change without prior notice. Therefore, ensure you visit the nearest embassy or consulate to get the current fee.
Reasons for Visa Denial/Rejection:
Your visa might be rejected or denied based on but not limited to the following reasons;
- Provision of an invalid letter of reference or any required document.
- Insufficient funds for the purpose of entry.
- Lack of required documents or provision of documents in confusing languages.
- If you cannot provide a valid certificate of vaccination or other proof of sound health when you are coming from areas affected by pandemic diseases determined by the Ministry of Health;
- Record of previous criminal actions.
- If there is any reason to believe you will not return to your home country after the speculated period of stay.
To avoid your visa being rejected you need to ensure that:
- You have perfectly and properly filled your visa application form.
- The documents you are providing are valid and do not contain any false information.
- You have a valid proof of sufficient funds that will sustain you for the speculated period of stay available.
- All your documents are properly translated to English to avoid any form of confusion.
Panama Visa Application Centres and Embassies in Bangladesh
Unfortunately, there are currently no Panamanian embassies or diplomatic-consulate located in Bangladesh. For any Bangladeshi interested in obtaining any of the Panamanian visa types, they are required to visit the nearest embassy or consulate in neighbouring countries such as the Philippines and India.
Frequently Asked Questions:
I have a diplomatic passport do I qualify for any exemptions?
Yes. According to Panama Government, Bangladeshis with diplomatic passports are eligible to visa-free entry into Panama for a stay not longer than 60 days.
Can I use my US visa to enter into Panama?
Yes. Since the Government of Panama has declared that anyone with US visa is eligible to enter into the country. However, you are required to have entered into the US before you can enter in Panama.
Can I apply for jobs with my Student visa?
Yes. You can apply for jobs in Panama with your student visa, although you cannot do any kind of job in the country until you have obtained your work permit. Which you can get by applying at the Ministry of Labour or the company you are working for can apply on your behalf.
Can I drive in Panama with my home country’s driving license?
Yes. However, the driving license must be valid all through the duration of your stay, and after 6 months you are required to apply for a Panamanian driving license.
In case of any missing document, what should I do?
If any of your document is missing when you are trying to obtain your Panamanian visa, you should alert the right authority by visiting the nearest Panamanian embassy or consulate to you. Or you can obtain a new document to replace the missing one if possible.