Qatar is one of the richest first-world countries, regarded as the most advanced Arab state for human development with many interesting places to visit such as the historical Barzan towers, the architectural masterpiece; Villaggio Mall and many others.
In this post are vital information for filipinos that want to travel to Qatar.
Qatar Visa Types, Processing Time & Duration
|Visa Type||Processing Time||Duration of Stay|
|Business Visa||4-15 days||90 days|
|Tourist Visa||4-15 days||30 days|
|Student Visa||4-15 days||Determined by academic program|
|Family Visa||4-15 days||6 months - 5 years|
General Requirements for a Qatar Visa
- A duly filled visa application form
- An international passport valid not less than 60 days after visa expiry with a minimum of 2 empty pages for visa endorsement
- 2 coloured passport photographs (2×2 in) with a white background
- Photocopies of the first passport pages alongside the original copy
- Original receipt of visa application fee payment
- Bank statement of the last 3 months
- Travel itinerary
- Health evaluation form signed by a medical centre in the Philippines
Qatar Business Visa
- This visa is issued to Filipinos looking to do business in Qatar.
- There are 3 types:
- 72-hour business visa: It is extendable for an extra 72 hours and is issued on arrival in Qatar. It is recommended for Filipinos on short business trips
- Business visa: It grants the holder temporary residence in Qatar for up to 3 months for contractual work purposes
- Investor Visa: It is for Filipinos looking for investment opportunities in Qatar. Investment options are available in selected ventures and this visa is granted with Qatar residency
Qatar Tourist Visa
- This visa is for Filipinos who intend to travel to Qatar for tourism
- Applicant must prove that the purpose of the visit is temporary
- Holders of this visa are not permitted to work in Qatar
Qatar Student Visa
- This visa is issued to Filipinos who plan on studying in Qatar
- Applicants of this visa must provide the school’s admission letter during application
- Also, financial documents evidencing the ability of the sponsor to take care of the financial expenses of the applicant during the stay should be provided.
Qatar Family Visa
- This visa type is categorised into:
- Family resident visa: It is for family members of a Qatari permanent residence visa holder or a Qatari indigen who wish to secure a permanent residence in Qatar
- Family Visit Visa: It is for family members of a Qatari permanent residence visa holder or a Qatari indigen who wish to secure a temporary residence in Qatar.
- A copy of the latest educational qualification certificate is required to obtain this visa.
Qatar Visa Fees
|Visa Types||Visa Fee (QAR)|
Qatar Visa Application Centre in the Philippines
|Taguig City||/F One World Building|
10 Upper McKinley Road
McKinley Hill, Fort Bonifacio
Taguig City 1634
Commonly Asked Questions about Qatar Visa
Is Qatar Tourist Visa extendable?
No. Qatar tourist visa is a non-extendable visa. A new one is to be applied for when the current is about to expire.
How can I go about tracking the status of my visa application?
Visa application status can be tracked by using the acknowledgement number given during the visa application.
Where can I pay my Qatar visa fees?
Qatar visa fee can be paid online or at any Qatar visa application centre. Visa fee payment is non-refundable.
My passport is expiring soon can I still get a visa?
No, Qatar requires applicants to have a passport valid for at least 6 months from the date of arrival. Passport valid for less than 6 months will need to be renewed before application.