Canada is rich with a variety of cultures and nationalities, beautiful wildlife, landscapes, architecture, and top-notch universities.
If you are a Filipino who has obtained an international passport and is eligible for the visa application, then you’ll find here a detailed list of visa information available for you to work, study, vacation or reside smoothly in Canada.
Canada Visa Types, Processing Time & Duration
|TYPES OF VISA||PROCESSING TIME||DURATION OF STAY|
|Work Permits||15 week||6 months - 4 years|
|Temporary Resident Visa||29 days||6 months|
|Study Permits||5 weeks||Study duration + 90 days|
|Permanent Resident Visa||6 - 10 months||5 years|
General Requirements for a Canadian Visa
- Completely filled Canadian visa application form
- Valid international passport with at least one unused page for official use
- A recent coloured passport photograph (35 mm by 45 mm)
- Bank statement of the last 6 months
- Children under the age of 16 travelling alone should provide a letter of consent from both parents
- Travel itinerary
Canada Temporary Resident Visa
- Canada Temporary Resident visa is also known as Canada Visitor visa
- This visa is for individuals who want to enter Canada momentarily
- Based on your purpose for travelling, there are different types of TRV
- Tourist visa which allows you to enter Canada for tourism purposes
- Super visa which allows parents and grandparents of Canadian citizens or permanent residents an extended visit
- Temporary Foreign Workers visa which allows people with a valid job offer from an employer to stay in the country for up to 6 monthsTRV is valid for a period of 6 months
- Temporary Resident Permit which allows you into the country for a very short stay (less than 2 weeks)Based on your purpose for travelling, there are different types of TRV
- If you are visiting Canada for Medical purposes then you would have to provide proof that you have a medical condition that needs treatment or consultation and that your disease is not a danger to public health
- You should apply for a temporary resident visa at least three months before the intended travel date
Canada Study Permits
- This visa is issued by Immigration Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) and allows foreigners to study in Canada for a limited time
- Study Permits last for 6 months but can be extended if you change schools or your study program has been extended
- Apart from the general requirements, Study Permit applicants must have a confirmed offer of enrolment from a designated learning institution
- Student Adult Visa holders are permitted to work part-time in the country
- A Quebec Acceptance Certificate must be obtained if one wishes to study in Montreal or the Province of Quebec
- Applicant must also possess a police clearance certificate, be in good health, and prove to the immigration officer that he\she will leave at the end of the authorised period of stay
- Accompanying family members may be included in the study permit, accompanying spouse may be granted an open work permit, accompanying minor children may be able to study at Canadian elementary schools
- Study permit visas expire 90 days after graduation. Graduates are allowed to stay in Canada and work for an employer for up to 3 years with a post-graduation work permit (PGWP)
- Without the PGWP, a graduate can change visa status to a visitor, apply for another study permit for a different program, or leave the country
Canada Work Permits
- Canada work permits are intended for professionals that have gotten job offers to occupy key positions in Canadian companies
- A work permit does not allow you to change your employer
- There are two types of Canadian work permits:
- Openwork permit which allows you to work for any eligible employer in Canada
- Employer-specific work permit which allows you to work according to stated conditions on your work permit
- Canada work permits can last for a period of 6 months to 4 years
- Apart from the general requirements, you are required to show that you intend to leave the country afterwards, you are able to provide for yourself and family during your stay and meet health requirements.
- Canada work permit is extendable and in some special cases a permanent resident visa can be applied for
- Work permits require verification from the Canadian labour market known as Labour Market Opinion (LMO)
- You are to register at the Philippine Overseas Employment Administration (POEA) to gain legal status as an Overseas Filipino Worker (OFW)
- You are to process your Overseas Employment Certificate (OEC) before leaving the Philippines.
Canada Permanent Residence Visa (PRV)
- A permanent residence visa is for a non-citizen who has been given a permanent resident status after moving to Canada
- PRV holders are allowed the liberties and rights of Canadian citizens e.g they can work, live and study anywhere in Canada and are protected by Canadian laws
- To apply for a PRV you need:
- Prove that you are financially capable of funding your residency in Canada
- Educational Credential Assessment (ECA)
- Original copies of documents supporting your PRV application
- A skills assessments test, proof of English language test e.g IELTS
- Taking loans to boost chances of residency will be investigated by authorities and this will decrease the chances of acquiring a PRV.
- Pathways to get a PRV in the Philippines include Skilled immigrants Program (Express Entry), Self-employed Persons Program, Provincial Nominee Program (PNP), Quebec Skilled workers Program (QSWP) and sponsorship programs
Canadian Visa Fees
|VISA CATEGORY||VISA TYPE||VISA FEES (CAD)|
|Temporary Resident Visa||Electronic Travel Authorization||7|
|Temporary Resident Visa||International Experience Canada (IEC)||
|Temporary Resident Visa||Temporary Resident Permit||200|
|Temporary Resident Visa||Visitor visa, including super visa -per person||100|
|Temporary Resident Visa||Visitor visa - family (5 upwards)||500|
|Temporary Resident Visa||Extended stay as a visitor – per person||
|Temporary Resident Visa||Restore visitor status||
|Study Permits||Study Permits per person (including extensions)||150|
|Study Permits||Student Status restoration + new study permit||400|
|Work Permits||Work permits per person (including extensions)||155|
|Work Permits||Open work permit||
|Work Permits||Status renewal + new work permit||355|
|Permanent Resident Visa||Business Immigration (start-up visa, Quebec business immigration, self-employed individuals):|
Processing + right of permanent residence fee
|Permanent Resident Visa||Spouse/ partner processing fee + right of permanent residence||1040|
|Permanent Resident Visa||Processing fee per dependent child||150|
|Permanent Resident Visa||Processing fee + right of permanent residence fee||1040|
|Permanent Resident Visa||Spouse/ partner processing fee + right of permanent residence||550|
|Permanent Resident Visa||Processing fee per dependent child||150|
|Permanent Resident Visa||Permit holders class processing fee + right of permanent residence||815|
|Permanent Resident Visa||Protected person, application fee + spouse/partner fee + dependent child||1250|
Canada Visa Application Centres in the Philippines
|LOCATION||ADDRESS||OPENING HOURS||TELEPHONE NUMBER|
|Manila||29th Floor The World Center Bldg|
330 Sen. Gil Puyat Avenue, Makati City
|7 am – 3 pm|
|Manila||Mezzanine Floor Ecoplaza Bldg.|
Chino Roces Ave Ext.
Makati city 1231, Philippines.
|7 am – 3 pm||(+)632 7894900|
|Cebu||9F Keppel Center Unit 905 Samar Loop cor Cardinal Rosales Ave,|
Cebu Business Park
Cebu City 6000
|7 am – 3 pm|
|Makati||Mezzanine Floor, Ecoplaza Bldg. Don Chino Roces Ave Ext, Makati, Kalakhang Maynila, Philippines||9 am – 4 pm||+63 2 528 2505|
Commonly Asked Questions about Canadian Visas
How can I track my Canadian Visa application?
To track your Canadian visa application from the Philippines click here
Where can I download a Canada visa application form for the Philippines?
You can download a Canada visa application form on www.canada.ca
How do I track my Philippines Visa application?
To track your Canadian visa application from Philippines click here
Can someone else submit my Canadian visa application on my behalf?
Can I work in Canada with a tourist visa?
No. It is illegal to work in Canada with a tourist visa. You will be blacklisted and deported immediately. It can also cause the Canadian government to issue stricter rules regarding visa applications for Filipinos in future.