Canada is a melting pot of cultures and nationalities, famous for its polite citizens and breathtaking wildlife, landscapes, architecture and high-class universities
If you are a Pakistani who has obtained an international passport and is eligible for the visa application, then you’ll find here a detailed list of Visa information available for you to work, study, vacation or reside smoothly in Canada.
Canada Visa Types, Processing Time & Duration
|TYPES OF VISA||PROCESSING TIME||DURATION OF STAY|
|Work Permits||15 week||6 months - 4 years|
|Temporary Resident Visa||29 days||6 months|
|Study Permits||5 weeks||Study duration + 90 days|
|Permanent Resident Visa||6 - 10 months||5 years|
General Requirements for a Canadian Visa
- Completely filled Canadian visa application form
- Valid international passport with at least one unused page for official use
- A recent coloured passport photograph (35 mm by 45 mm)
- Travel itinerary
- Bank statement of the last 6 months
- Children under the age of 16 travelling alone should provide a letter of consent from both parents.
Canada Temporary Resident Visa
- Canada Temporary Resident visa is also known as Canada Visitor visa
- The visa is for individuals who want to enter Canada momentarily
- Based on your purpose for travelling, there are different types of TRV
- Tourist visa which allows you to enter Canada for tourism purposes
- Super visa which allows parents and grandparents of Canadian citizens or permanent residents an extended visit
- Temporary Foreign Workers visa which allows people with a valid job offer from an employer to stay in the country for up to 6 monthsTRV is valid for a period of 6 months.
- Temporary Resident Permit which allows you into the country for a very short stay (less than 2 weeks)
- You should apply for a temporary resident visa at least three months before the intended travel date.
- If you are visiting Canada for Medical purposes then you would have to provide proof that you have a medical condition that needs treatment or consultation and that your disease is not a danger to public health.
Canada Study Permits
- This visa is issued by Immigration Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) and allows foreigners to study in Canada for a limited time
- Study Permits last for 6 months but can be extended if you change schools or your study program has been extended
- Aside from the general required documents, Study Permit applicants must have a confirmed offer of enrolment from a designated learning institution
- Student Adult Visa holders are allowed to work part-time in the country
- A Quebec Acceptance Certificate must be obtained if one wishes to study in Montreal or the Province of Quebec
- Applicant must also possess a police clearance certificate, be in good health, and prove to the immigration officer that he\she will leave at the end of the authorised period of stay
- Accompanying family members may be included in the study permit, accompanying spouse may be granted an open work permit, accompanying minor children may be able to study at Canadian elementary schools
- Pakistani students are not required to set up a Restricted Bank Account that restricts the amount of money withdrawn monthly while in Canada.
- Study permit visas expire 90 days after graduation. Graduates are allowed to stay in Canada and work for an employer for up to 3 years with a post-graduation work permit (PGWP)
Canada Work Permits
- Canada work permits are intended for professionals that have gotten job offers to occupy key positions in Canadian companies.
- A work permit does not allow you to change your employer.
- There are two types of Canadian work permits:
- Openwork permit which allows you to work for any eligible employer in Canada
- Employer-specific work permit which allows you to work according to stated conditions on your work permit.
- Canada work permits can last for a period of 6 months to 4 years.
- Canada work permits can be extended and in some special cases, a permanent resident visa can be applied for.
- Aside from the general documents, you are required to show you intend to leave the country afterwards, that you are able to provide for yourself and family during your stay and you meet health requirements.
- Work permits require verification from the Canadian labour market known as Labour Market Opinion (LMO).
Canada Permanent Residence Visa (PRV)
- A permanent residence visa is for a non-citizen who has been given a permanent resident status after moving to Canada.
- PRV holders are allowed the liberties and rights of
Canadiancitizens e.g they can work, live and study anywhere in Canada and are protected by Canadian laws.
- To apply for a PRV you need
- Prove that you are financially capable of funding your residency in Canada
- Educational Credential Assessment (ECA)
- Original copies of documents supporting your PRV application
- A skills assessments test, proof of
Englishlanguage test e.g IELTS
- Taking loans to boost chances of residency will be investigated by authorities and this will decrease
chancesof acquiring a PRV.
- Pathways to get a PRV in Pakistan include Skilled immigrants Program (Express Entry), Self-employed Persons Program, Provincial Nominee Program (PNP), Quebec Skilled workers Program (QSWP) and sponsorship programs
Canadian Visa Fees
|VISA CATEGORY||VISA TYPE||VISA FEES (CAD)|
|Temporary Resident Visa||Electronic Travel Authorization||7|
|Temporary Resident Visa||International Experience Canada (IEC)||
|Temporary Resident Visa||Temporary Resident Permit||200|
|Temporary Resident Visa||Visitor visa, including super visa -per person||100|
|Temporary Resident Visa||Visitor visa - family (5 upwards)||500|
|Temporary Resident Visa||Extended stay as a visitor – per person||
|Temporary Resident Visa||Restore visitor status||
|Study Permits||Study Permits per person (including extensions)||150|
|Study Permits||Student Status restoration + new study permit||400|
|Work Permits||Work permits per person (including extensions)||155|
|Work Permits||Open work permit||
|Work Permits||Status renewal + new work permit||355|
|Permanent Resident Visa||Business Immigration (start-up visa, Quebec business immigration, self-employed individuals):|
Processing + right of permanent residence fee
|Permanent Resident Visa||Spouse/ partner processing fee + right of permanent residence||1040|
|Permanent Resident Visa||Processing fee per dependent child||150|
|Permanent Resident Visa||Processing fee + right of permanent residence fee||1040|
|Permanent Resident Visa||Spouse/ partner processing fee + right of permanent residence||550|
|Permanent Resident Visa||Processing fee per dependent child||150|
|Permanent Resident Visa||Permit holders class processing fee + right of permanent residence||815|
|Permanent Resident Visa||Protected person, application fee + spouse/partner fee + dependent child||1250|
Canada Visa Application Centres in Pakistan
|Lahore||20 Ex American Centre Building|
Opposite Ganga Ram Hospital, Queens Road, Lahor
|9 am – 5 pm||(+)92-51-84393|
|Islamabad||14-B Sadiq Plaza, G-9 Markaz, Islamabad||9 am – 5 pm||(+)92-51-8439344|
|Islamabad||Diplomatic Enclave, Sector G-5 Islamabad, Pakistan / PO Box 1042 Islamabad, Pakistan||9 am – 5 pm||(011 92 51) 208-6000
(011 92 51) 208-6900
Commonly Asked Questions about Canadian Visas
What is the waiting period for a Canadian Study Permit?
The waiting period for a Canadian study permit is about 28 days. Pakistani students who have received an admission letter from their choice University are advised to apply 4-6 months prior to resumption.
How do I track my Canadian Visa application?
Where can I download a Canada visa application form for Pakistanis?
You can download a Canada visa application form on www.canada.ca
What is the processing time for a Canada Visit visa for Pakistanis?
The standard processing time for a Canadian Visit visa for Pakistanis is about 35 days.
Can I mail in my Canadian visa application from Pakistan?
Yes, Pakistanis are eligible to mail in their Canadian visa application form. Click here for all the guidelines regarding mailing your Canadian visa application.