Turkey is rich with historical cities like Ankara and tourist attractions such as the medieval Armenian city of Ani, its open-air Grand Bazaar and much more.
If you are an Indian with a valid international passport, you’ll find here information and how to apply for Turkey visa.
Turkey Visa Types, Processing Time & Duration
|VISA TYPE||PROCESSING TIME||DURATION OF STAY|
|Transit visa||8 Days||48 Hours|
|Tourist Visa||8 Days||90 Days|
|Work Permit||30 Days||30 Days|
|Student Visa||8 Days||Determined by course of study|
|Residence Permit||Within 90 Days||6 Month Upward|
General Requirements for a Turkish Visa
- A duly signed Turkey visa application form.
- A valid international passport with at least two unused pages for entry/departure visa endorsements.
- Two 2.5 x 2.5 inch coloured passports with white background.
- Bank statements for the last 3 months or affidavit of support to prove financial stability.
- Travel itinerary
Turkish Transit Visa
- This visa is for individuals who have to travel through Turkey to their destination country.
- An onward ticket is needed to acquire this visa.
- An electronic visa (e-Visa) is required if an individual plan to pass through immigration or stay overnight in Turkey.
- Turkey e-Visa is generally valid for 180 days after issuance. It allows multiple entries for 90 days per visit to Turkey.
Turkish Tourist Visa
- This visa is for individuals who want to travel to Turkey for the purpose of tourism, fairs, meetings et al.
- It is a non-immigrant visa for individuals who desire temporary residence in Turkey.
- To qualify for a tourist visa you must prove that your purpose of the visit is temporary.
- It is advised to apply for a tourist visa at least 2 weeks in advance to guarantee enough time for processing before travel.
Turkish Work Permit
- A work permit is intended for professionals from all industries that have gotten job offers to occupy key positions in Turkish companies.
- Applicants for a work permit must have the following documents:
- Work permit application form addressed to the Ministry of Labor and Social Security.
- Tax authority approved balance sheet and a profit and loss statement for the past year
- A notarized power of attorney and employee work contract with the Turkey company
Turkish Student Visa
- This visa is for individuals who have been granted admission into a Turkish educational institution.
- Student visas remain valid for as long as a student is enrolled in a Turkish educational institution.
- The prospective student must present a copy of an acceptance letter from a Turkish educational institution to the Turkish Consulate in India.
- Apart from general required documents, applicants must also possess a police clearance certificate, medical certificate and prove to the immigration officer that he\she will exit the country at the end of the authorized period of stay.
Turkish Residence Permit
- This visa is for Indians who wish to remain in Turkey for longer than 90 days.
- Typical resident permit application forms contain:
- Applicant’s Information
- Travel Document Information
- Contact and Permanent Address
- Place of education and work
- Main address and contact in Turkey
- This visa is extendable.
- Extension application should be submitted online within 60 days before the residence permit expires.
Turkish Visa Fees
|Visa Type||Visa Fees (USD)|
Turkey Visa Application Centres in India
|New Delhi||50-N, Nyaya Marg, Chanakyapuri New Delhi 110021, India||+91 11 2688 9053
+91 11 2410 1973
|Mumbai||51, Jamnalal Bajaj Rd, Nariman Point, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400021, India||+91 22 2204 0365|
Commonly Asked Questions about Turkish Visas
Can I get a visa on arrival to Turkey?
Unfortunately, Indians currently lack the option to apply for a Turkey Visa on Arrival. Thus, it is compulsory for an Indian passport holder to have a valid visa before arrival in Turkey.
Where can I pay for the visa fees?
You can pay for your visa fees at the visa application centre.
I included my child in my passport. Does a separate visa application need to be done for my child?
Yes. You must either make a separate visa application for your child or apply for a sticker visa at the closest Turkish embassy or Consulate General.