Qatar is regarded as the most advanced Arab state for human development. It has many great attractions for tourism such as the Katara Cultural Village and Qatar sand dunes.
In this post is visa information for Indians who intend to travel to Qatar.
Qatar Visa Types, Processing Time & Duration
|Visa Type||Processing Time||Duration of Stay|
|Business Visa||4-15 days||90 days|
|Tourist Visa||4-15 days||30 days|
|Student Visa||4-15 days||Determined by academic program|
|Family Visa||4-15 days||6 months - 5 years|
General Requirements for a Qatar Visa
- A Qatar visa application form
- An international passport valid for at least 60 days after visa expiration and at least 2 unused pages for official use
- 2 recent coloured passport photograph (2×2 in) with white background
- Proof of visa application fee payment (An original receipt)
- Financial documents and bank statement
- Health evaluation form signed by a medical clinic/hospital in India
- Travel itinerary
Qatar Business Visa
- This visa is for Indians looking to invest or conduct business activities in Qatar.
- There are 3 types of Qatar business visa
- 72-hour business visa: It is issued on arrival in Qatar and it is extendable for an extra 72 hours. It is suitable for Indians on short business trips.
- Business visa: It is obtained for contractual work and is valid for 3 months. The employer of an approved company or institution in Qatar is tasked with arranging this visa.
- Investor Visa: It is issued to Indians seeking investment opportunities in Qatar. Applicant must provide valid documents affirming property ownership.
Qatar Tourist Visa
- This type of visa is given to Indians seeking temporary residence in Qatar
- This visa is not required for Indians for a stay of up to 30 days. A visa waiver form will be issued on arrival instead.
- A visa waiver is valid for 180 days after issuance and allows its holder to stay up to 30 days in Qatar, either for a single trip or on multiple trips
- Applicant must prove that the purpose of the visit is temporary
Qatar Student Visa
- This is a type of visa issued to Indians who have been granted admission into an academic institution in Qatar
- In addition to the general requirements, the following are required to obtain this visa:
- Admission letter from a designated learning institution
- Affidavit of the financial sponsor to bear the costs of study at the school
- Certificate of “Good Conduct” or “Criminal Clearance” issued by the appropriate authorities in India
- Academic documents such as original copies of school transcripts, standardized test scores and diplomas.
Qatar Family Visa
- This visa has 2 subtypes which are:
- Family Resident Visa: It is issued to family members of a Qatari or permanent residence visa holder seeking a permanent stay in Qatar. This visa is renewable for 1 to 5 years after expiration.
- Family Visit Visa: It is issued to family members of a Qatari or permanent residence visa holder seeking a temporary stay in Qatar. Maximum stay duration with this visa is 6 months.
- Along with the general requirements, Family Resident visa applicants must possess:
- Marriage Certificate / Birth Certificate (for children) attestation from Indian embassy/consulate in Qatar and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MOFA) in Qatar
- A copy of the highest education certificate
- A copy of the No Objection Letter (NOC) letter from your employer/sponsor
- A valid tenancy contract/ housing agreement
Qatar Visa Fees
|Visa Types||Visa Fee (QAR)|
Qatar Visa Application Centre in India
|New Delhi||31 A Chandragupta Marg Chanakyapuri, New Delhi – 110021, India||+911126117988|
Commonly Asked Questions about Qatar Visa
Can I apply for a visa waiver with the intention of working in Qatar, then apply for a Qatar Work visa on arrival?
No. Visa waivers currently cannot be transferred and are intended for short-term visitors to Qatar only.
If my Qatar visa application is rejected, can I apply again?
Yes. You can reapply immediately after your Qatar visa application is rejected.
How can I track my Qatar visa from India?
You can track your Qatar visa from India here
What happens if I stay in Qatar longer than the allowable stay permitted?
You will be charged a fine of 54 USD for each day overstayed in Qatar.
Are there any age restrictions for visa-free entry into Qatar for Indians?
No. There are no age restrictions for visa-free entry into Qatar for Indians.