Saudi Arabia is the largest and country in the Arabian Peninsula, with a population size of over 32 million people. The beautiful part if this is that about 10 million of the people in Saudi Arabia are foreign residents according to the 2017 census.
For Bangladeshis who wish to travel to Saudi Arabia, it is worthy of note to know that there is a strong diplomatic relationship of over 40 years between Bangladesh and Saudi Arabia.
Saudi Arabia Visa Types, Processing Time & Duration
|VISA TYPE||PROCESSING TIME||VALIDITY|
|Business/Commercial Visa||4 - 5 days||30 - 90 days|
|Work Visit Visa||4 - 5 days||90 days|
|Employment Visa||6 - 10 days||90 days|
|Family Visit Visa||4 - 5 days||60 days|
|Student Visa||4 - 5 days||365 days|
|Hajj Visa||4 - 5 days||30 days|
|Residence Visa||6 - 10 days||365 days|
|Government Visit Visa||4 - 5 days||180 days|
|Diplomatic and Official Visa||4 - 5 days||180 days|
|Escort Visa||4 - 5 days||180 days|
|Personal Visit Visa||4 - 5 days||60 days|
|Umrah Visa||4 - 5 days||30 days|
General Requirements for Saudi Arabia Visa
- A valid passport with at least the 2 empty pages for visa endorsement
- Recent passport photograph with a white colour background
- A completely filled visa application form
- Travel itinerary
- Signed consent form from parent’s or guardian of minors
- Health insurance certificate issued through the embassy
Saudi Arabia Business Visa
- This type of visa is for Bangladeshis travelling to Saudi Arabia for business purpose
- A business appointment is needed before this visa can be granted
- A copy of the business license or company registration certificate for the business in Bangladesh and details of the company in Saudi Arabia is required during the application
- Also, an electronic invitation letter from a Saudi Arabian company to show them who the applicant is having business deals with is required.
Saudi Arabia Work Visit Visa
- This visa is for Bangladeshis who are seeking to work temporarily in Saudi Arabia
- In addition to general requirements, a cover letter from a Bangladeshi organization is required
- An invitation letter from a Saudi Arabian company is also required
- Educational documents and experience letter that proves the applicant is suitable for the work must be provided during the application.
Saudi Arabia Employment Visa
- This visa is for Bangladeshis who have gained employment in Saudi Arabia
- In addition to general requirements, a police report within the period of 6 months with details of applicant’s criminal records (if any) should be provided
- An original letter of employment from the company in Saudi Arabia sponsoring the applicant should be provided during the application
- A certified and notarized copy of the applicant’s university degree/diploma must also be provided
- Applicants are to also provide a copy of a medical report.
Saudi Arabia Family Visit Visa
- This visa type is for Bangladeshis who are visiting their family members in Saudi Arabia
- A letter of invitation from the applicant’s family member who is a resident in Saudi needs to be provided to obtain this visa
- Married women visiting her husband needs to provide her marriage certificate
- Children below the age of 5 will have to include Polio certificate in their documents
Saudi Arabia Student Visa
- This visa is issued to Bangladeshis who want to study in Saudi Arabia
- Applicants must have an admission letter from a school in Saudi Arabia before applying for this visa
- In addition to the general requirements, the following should be provided by the applicants
- Original birth certificate
- Certificates of past academic records
- Copies of a medical report issued by a licensed physician
- Proof of kinship for married students who wish to travel with their family
- This visa does not grant the holders right to employment
Saudi Arabia Hajj Visa
- This visa is for Bangladeshis who are travelling to Saudi Arabia for a pilgrimage visit in the holy month of Islam
- This visa will not be issued to those who have performed Hajj in the last 5 years
- It does not grant its applicant the right to reside or work in Saudi Arabia
- All women travelling must travel with a Mahram
- Women who are 45 years and above can travel alone with an organized group. They must, however, submit a No-Objection letter signed by their husbands, brothers or sons. This letter must be notarized.
- Applicants must provide proof of vaccination for meningitis and ACYW135
Saudi Arabia Residence Visa
- This visa is for Bangladeshis who are seeking to reside in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
- Applicants are to provide proof of kinship if accompanied by a family member. Birth certificate for children, marriage certificate for spouses.
- The age of an accompanying child should not be more than 18 years
- A medical report issued by a licensed physician certifying that the applicant is free of any contagious disease must be provided.
Saudi Arabia Diplomatic and Official Visit Visa
- This visa is for those who are on an official or diplomatic visit from the Bangladesh Government to Saudi Arabia
- A cover letter from the Bangladesh Government or the concerned Embassy stating clearly the applicant’s name, title, official position, purpose, duration of the trip and the number of entries required must be provided.
Saudi Arabia Government Visit Visa
- This visa type is quite similar to Diplomatic visa. It is for government officials travelling to Saudi Arabia
- This visa does not grant applicants permission to work
Saudi Arabia Escort Visit Visa
- This type of visa is for Bangladeshis who serve as escort to another traveller who is their family member or relative
- This visa does not grant applicants employment or residence in Saudi Arabia
- A letter of consent from the principal traveller requesting the need for an additional family member must be provided during the application
- Proof of kinship should be provided during the application
- A copy of the principal traveller’s valid Saudi Arabia visa is also required.
Saudi Arabia Visa Fees
|VISA TYPE||VISA FEES FOR SINGLE ENTRY (SAR)||VISA FEE FOR MULTIPLE ENTRY (SAR)|
|Work Visit Visa||2,000||3,000|
|Family Visit Visa||2,000||3,000|
|Government Visit Visa||2,000||3,000|
|Diplomatic and Official Visa||2,000||3,000|
|Personal Visit Visa||2,000||3,000|
Saudi Arabia Visa Application Centres in Bangladesh
|Dhaka||House 5 (NE) L, Road 83|
P.O. Box 6001
|(+880) 2 985 8952|
Commonly Asked Questions about Saudi Arabia Visa
Can I perform Umrah with my Visit Visa?
No. Umrah on any type of Visit Visas will not be permitted. Applicants need to get Umrah Visa to participate in Umrah in Saudi Arabia
Can I go to Saudi Arabia as a tourist?
Currently, there is no Tourist visa to Saudi Arabia, anyone visiting will have to choose among the visiting visa options listed above
Can I extend my Stay in Saudi Arabia?
No. You can not extend your stay in Saudi Arabia beyond what was specified on your visa
Can I get Saudi Arabia with the e-Visa form?
It is best advised now that to apply for your Saudi Arabia visa, go through the approved Saudi Arabia Visa Application Centre. The e-Visa is yet to be fully effected.